Lecturer at Faculty of Global Media Studies, Komazawa University
in Tokyo, Japan
Member of ACM and IPSJ (Information Processing Society of Japan)
PhD of Engineering.
MY research includes a variety of topics related to multimedia processing and interactive system.
My main research topic includes video processing and music information retrieval.
Certified as "Super Creator" from Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (Japan) on MITOH Program 2012.
Research intern at Microsoft Research (summer of 2014).
"Automatic Generation of Music Video,"
"Identification of Person Name in Music Video Content Using Face Recognition, Vocal Activity Detection, etc.," and
"Automated DJ," "Average-Song Generation"
Keywords: Multimedia Processing, Integration of Audio and Video Processing, Content Analysis, Interactive System
Mail: thirai at
Twitter: @TatsunoriHirai (in Japanese)
- 1 poster presentation at SIGGRAPH 2019.
- 1 poster presentation at SIGGRAPH ASIA 2019.
- Promoted to a lecturer at Komazawa University.
- Became an assistant lecturer at Komazawa University.
- Recieved a PhD degree from Waseda University.
- 3 Paper presentation at MMM2016 (1/4/2016-1/6/2016).
- 1 Paper presentation at ACE2015 (11/16/2015-11/19/2015).
- 2 Paper presentation at SMC2015 (7/30/2015-8/1/2015).
- Paper presentation at ACE2014 (11/14/2014).
- Participated to internship at Microsoft Research (6-8/2014).
- New webpage has opened.
- Recieved GCAD award from IPSJ SIG-GCAD.
- Certified as "Super Creator" on MITOH Program 2012.
- Adopted as Research Fellowship for Young Scientists (DC1)
by Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS).